The Viper 640 Class –Bermuda
Welcome to the Bermuda Viper 640 Class Association! We are currently five Vipers in Bermuda, and will soon be six, including three brand new boats.
We have started racing many of the one-design Saturdays, PHRF Wednesdays, and various special events.
Aspen Viper 640 International Championships presented by EFG
We also hosted the Aspen Viper 640 International Championships presented by EFG in the Fall of 2016!
The local class association was created on 14 November 2014, at a local establishment. We now have a constitution, officers, etc. — more details here.
We think the Viper is a great boat for Bermuda for the following reasons, among others:
- Nice mix of traditional upwind sailing and fast sportboat/asymmetric spinnaker sailing downwind;
- Works well with a large range of crew sizes, such as mixed male/female crews, adult/junior crews;
- You can take out a less experienced sailor and still have a good day on the water, and most importantly, give your newest crew member a fun experience;
- Works well with one-design racing as well as PHRF Wednesday nights;
- Strict one-design and sail purchase riules keep cost down;
- Dry-sails and easy to move behind a car – no in-water maintenance issues;
- And, if you like to travel for events, there is a good US East Coast circuit.